11.2.07

Our Hands do have soul!

Let me show you my wonderful ASL friends

Heh! Aren't they nifty!!?! 
Well, I think so too! 
Let's check more photos down the scroll. 





Photography by Ali Tyler, 2006.
Scultpor by Darla Thompson




Now, this piece was my second one. I used the stoneware clay. I contribute this to the protests of Gallaudet University. Last fall when Gallaudet University went through torment by J.K. and I.K.J., I was so stirred up. I wanted to establish a piece that will tell a story about the protest. I decided to form this piece. When the students were arrested, I was enraged and that gave me the fervent emotions, and I put that into my work. I have thought about Gallaudet University all the time when I mold this clay. I finished the clay with Green Dragon glaze, it didn't turned out the way I wanted it to be, that was fine with me given that this work was my first ones. This semester I plan to build many more with similar ideas of this piece. When I have the better one, I will post it up here.

UNITY FOR GALLAUDET!








VICTORY FOR GALLAUDET!!

No comments:

Post a Comment